A Writer's Life: Inspiration


It's almost halfway through November and I thought I'd share some of my favorite writer-ly finds from around the web to (hopefully) inspire those of you who are NaNoWriMo-ing. And maybe some of you who aren't too!

Well said, Michael Connelly...well said...



If you're like me and sticky notes have taken over your desk, then you need Kate Forsyth's post about how to build a story out of scraps of ideas:



And every writer needs to get their inspiration from somewhere:



Now I'll leave you with this video by one of my favorite YA authors, Kami Garcia, who talks about how to start your novel:





Happy NaNoWriMo / No-Shave November . . . or whatever you happen to be into ;)


Comments

BookOwl93 said…
That idea that Kami gave about writing the opening after getting in the flow of your story is something I've never heard before. And somehow I know it will be a lot more helpful than just starting and not knowing how I feel about my beginning :D
I love that too. There are times I spend way too much time agonizing over my beginnings!
BookOwl93 said…
I do too! I know I've changed some of my beginnings a handful of times and I'm still never really happy about them. When I start writing again, I'll try this new option :)