A One Track Mind...

So if you were hoping for something new and original from me, you've come at the wrong time. I'm focused, I've got my eye on the prize:

THE BIG COUNTDOWN

And today it's two weeks. Exactly.

Instead of your typical Teaser Tuesday, I thought I'd share how my March started, with a kick-ass review in Publisher's Weekly:

Derting's first novel demonstrates unusual skill in weaving together contemporary teenage preoccupations with its paranormal plot twist. Violet is starting 11th grade with a beatup Honda, a vow to get to class on time, and a crush on her longtime best friend, Jay. She's also learned to cope with an eerie skill inherited from her grandmother—the ability to hear the “echo” left behind by those who have died violently. Usually this means chucking the cat outside if it's killed a mouse, but when the bodies of girls turn up, Violet turns away from concerns about the upcoming homecoming dance and becomes determined to use her ability to find the murderer. The third-person narration views Violet and the events of the book with a removed, thoughtful quality (“Coincidence. Chance. These were the words she counted on to create a veil of deceit, to keep her 'gift' a secret”), but Violet's thoughts and words feel true to her age and personality. Short, interspersed sections from the perspective of the killer add a creepy, page-turning quality. A strong debut from a promising author. Ages 14–up. (Mar.)

For those of you who are tired of my single-mindedness, I'd say I'm sorry but, dude, c'mon, it's Two. Weeks! I promise I'll be more interesting in, say, a month or so.

Or at least I'll be back to normal: interesting-ish.

Comments

OMG that rocks - doesnt surprise me girl - you are on your way up! :)
Kim Harrington said…
Congrats on the GREAT review!
Unknown said…
:) Soo exciting, I just got the ARC via an ARC tour and I CANT WAIT to dive in! :D
Heidi Willis said…
Who could be tired of this??? It's AWESOME!!

Soak it in! You only get your debut once!
That's CRAZY TERRIFIC, Kimberly!!! I'm SO excited for you! Bask in all its loveliness . . . and no, we don't get tired of hearing all the news. We LIVE for it. And hope everyone will love it when we do it, too. :-)
Valerie Geary said…
Absolutely tantalizing! Can't wait!
That's awesome! Congrats! You know I'm a huge fan of your book!
BK Mattingly said…
OMG I'm so ready to read your book! I had a girl in my class the other day ask about the bag I was using. It was the one I won from you! so, I told her about it and she said she was going to check it out!!
misskallie2000 said…
Congrats on the Awesome Review. I know you are so excited you are having trouble sleeping. LOL.. I know I would be.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com
ReggieWrites said…
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!! COMPLETELY!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!