Meet LK Madigan, Author of FLASH BURNOUT...

First of all, I had the amazing opportunity to meet LK Madigan this summer at the SCBWI in LA, and let me just say: She. Was. Awesome! So much so that even if I didn’t think her book sounded amazing (which it does), and even if I didn’t think you should read it (which I totally do!), I would *still* post this interview!

Her debut novel, FLASH BURNOUT, is about fifteen-year-old Blake, who has a girlfriend and a friend who's a girl. One of them loves him, the other one needs him.

When he snapped a picture of a street person for his photography homework, Blake never dreamed that the woman in the photo was his friend Marissa's long-lost meth addicted mom.

In a tangle of life, death, and love, Blake will emerge with a more sharply defined snapshot of loyalty.

Okay, LK, here we go:

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Dang, I know that everyone wants to answer this, “Literary Award Winning Bestseller,” and I’m no different … but if pressed, I would choose LITERARY!

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

Laugh, then cry, then laugh again.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

I don’t think I can stop, so I guess I’ll keep writing forever.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

Twitter.

5) After a period, one space or two?

It was hard to give up that second space, but I managed, eventually. ONE!

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

Persist.

Plus, check out her BIO:

L.K. Madigan is a writer living in Portland, Oregon, who finds it odd to speak in the third person. Therefore:

Hi. I am married with one son, two big black dogs, hundreds of books, and a couple of beaters, I mean vintage cars.

For more about LK and her book, check out her website at www.lkmadigan.com!

Comments

lisa and laura said…
Man, these 2009 Debs really wrote some fabulous books. Can't wait to check this one out!
Donna Gambale said…
Flash Burnout looks so good! Thanks for the interview.