Chaos Reigns

After five action-packed days, we dropped our two eleven year old nieces (who were visiting from Portland) off yesterday. The house is a mess, our schedules were off, and we ate way too much junk food. So it was the best kind of chaos, like a last minute party before heading back to school next week! One of the girls, while she was asking me about my book, tells me: "I want to be in your book. I want to be a dead girl."

You gotta love a girl with a sense of adventure, right? So it looks like I'll be renaming one of the characters (or rather, victims).

Also, we got the chance to meet our daughter's new 2nd grade teacher for the coming school year. I think she may actually be fourteen years old. Seriously. Sixteen tops. But young is good...lots of energy, new ideas, hasn't had her spirit broken by unruly children. Hopefully my girl won't be the one to crush her. Fingers crossed!

So now that our nieces are gone, it's back to the grindstone. This morning I've gotten as far as opening the Word document for the project I've been working on, and then ignoring it completely to blog. I'm not sure if that considered multi-tasking or procrastination. Or maybe just a touch of ADD (is that catchy?).

Whatever it is, I've got it bad.

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
Hey! I have a second grade son. His teacher looks a bit older than 16, but I get what your saying with some of the other teachers around there.
And here I thought I was so young!
It's hard to get back into something after time away. But blogging is fun!
Willow said…
omg kim i do the exact same thing! i call it acomplishment (its part of your job to have a current blog!), not procrastination :)
and fun for sure :)